Tuesday, April 21, 2009

EVERYTHING is BIGGER in TEXAS!




After waiting patiently, Mark finally got his big, big, really big, tv. He has been wanting one for so long, but would not let himself buy one until our house closed. He got a bonus in the fall and one at Christmas that would have covered it, but he was very disciplined. Well, here he is standing beside his new baby. It is 52 inches of viewing fun and lots of other features. The only thing I know how to do is turn the thing on which is a techno feat in itself!

I'll be absent for a little while as we are leaving for Nashville tomorrow. I have no computer there, so I won't be able to update or check in with you! Anna-Ruth, my niece, gets married this Saturday and I am staying in town until time for Grace's graduation from UT on May 8. Did I mention that she is graduating Magna Cum Laude? That she missed Summa Cum Laude by .02 of one point? So proud of her. She is such a smart girl, but works diligently at everything she does.

Ross and Lindsay got their apartment in Italy. It is the original one that Ross saw in March, and he was persistent enough that the landlord finally agreed to rent to them. (He had not wanted to rent to someone he didn't know!) God had other plans and well, as bittersweet as it is, they will be moving in about 5 or 6 weeks. Go to Lindsay or Ross' facebook page to see pictures or Lindsay will probably blog about it soon at www.stowersfamilyblog@blogspot.com

Robert is finishing up his first year at seminary and doing very well. He is mastering Greek and all kinds of theological and deep thinking. In other words, he is becoming more and more learned. (pronounced learn-ned) Who'd a thunk it?
I guess he gets it from me.....hahaha.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I can identify with Grace. I missed Summa by .0001 point. Now that's just wrong! ;o)
Have fun at Anna-Ruth's wedding! We are sad to miss it and to miss seeing everyone.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

you will be in my neck of the woods ... Enjoy the time away celebrating w/ family and i am sure you will have plenty of computer time when you get back since Hubby will be playing w/ his new toy ... hee hee