Thursday, July 23, 2009

Little Updates

The boxes were emptied and those not shared with a friend who's moving were placed outside for the recycle pick-up. The homeowners were nestled all snug in their bed. With visions of visitors to fill the empty rooms! Now come one, come all to our house! We would love to have you!

I don't know what all that was about except that I went from empty boxes to a very, very loose interpretation of "The Night Before Christmas" to "The Day After Moving."


We have had a small flurry of visitors with regular trips scheduled in the near future. My mom was here when we first moved in. Rusty had an overnight last night and we were delighted he stayed with us. The Imkens (Charissa's family) will be here for a day trip and an Astros game this Saturday. Grace will be here next week (can you say 7 days? We've been counting down since May!). Rusty, Stacy and mom will return for Labor Day. Mark's mom will be here the end of September, and Grace will come back accompanied by her friend, Katy, during her fall break in October!

We just love having the space for guests. It is delightful to share our home with friends and family.

Mark has completed painting the dining room. The family room will follow. How do you know the color is just right BEFORE it goes on the wall? I'm not the best at that, and Mark patiently waits while I decide. The problem is if I decide and its wrong........how do I tell him?

I'm still working one day a week at The Feathered Star, a quilt shop here in Katy, as well as beginning to quilt for the public a little more. I've got everything set up and my confidence is building. I appreciate my Hope House Quilter friends for their encouragement and support while learning this new skill. I start on my first paying Texas quilt next week. It feels good to have about 6 quilts on the shelf in line for my work! Hopefully there will be more soon!

Mark and I are participating in a great study at church. It's called "Love and Respect" and is focused on marriage and communication. We are really enjoying getting to know other couples at the church and share our lives with each other.

So this is a short update. More with pictures of freshly painted walls will be posted soon!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I've been waiting to see pictures of your house! Where are they?!? :)

Dana said...

I just got your comment about "something" in the mail...I am so excited to see what that "something" is. THANK YOU! You are so sweet to even think of us and Asher. It's getting awfully close now. Who knows? We might get our court date and your package on the same day! We'll keep you posted! :)